Friday, August 5, 2016

Story of Technical Apparel Designer Struggle and Success

Over a decade ago, I came to know the fascinating career of fashion design for the first time. It looked quite appealing to me as I was seeing this from the perspective of an end user. So I have decided to move on and tried to go deep into the world of fashion. The more I researched I found that there is a lot of ground work that goes into it before it comes to the public. But I was so prepared to understand and expertise in this field. At the same time, I felt if I could write about the detailing of my experiences on fashion it may help others as well. Especially, for people starting new clothing brand or  want to become technical apparel designer. So I started writing every detail I came to know and the difficulties I faced. 

It was just for my satisfaction I was writing and also to refer them for my future needs. It took me a while to understand the intricacies of clothing design and manufacturing. But I found them quite interesting and informative for the newcomers' start-up brand now. During this time, I think I have learned quite a bit about technical design and manufacturing. Most of this can be boiled down to just seven key learning, which all are pretty much ‘basics’. With following posts, I will be sharing  my experience working with the various clothing brand. It was not just about technical design but also the process towards a business building.

I could make out that you can never be a technical clothing designer if you have not worked at ground level. You need to spend time with clothing designers and manufacturers to understand the tricks. I spent my time with tailors, printing units, embroidery units and all other departments. Then I came to know what it takes to become an expert technical designer. Today I come across a lot of brands completely not aware of any detailing about clothing design. For a start-up clothing line, proper guidance is quite important. To make things easier I have simplified what it needs to start a clothing brand. If you are serious enough to know and grow your business it is important to know the basic process. So I would suggest you to refer to my posts for the particular aspects that you want to know about clothing design. I have simplified and mentioned steps you should follow to make your brand successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment